This recipe has been a staple over the past couple of weeks as I’ve been embarking on my cleanse (less than a week left to go!). Two out of my three meals a day have to be liquid, so soup is on the menu many nights of the week. And this one in particular just tastes so satisfying. I really had no idea pea soup could be so simple and delicious!
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 bag of frozen peas
2 cups fresh basil
4 cups water
1. Saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil until cooked, apx. 5 – 8 minutes.
2. Add the peas and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until peas are fully cooked, apx. 7 minutes.
3. Add the basil and avocado and let cook for apx. 2-3 minutes.
4. Blend on the stove top using an immersion blender or blend in batches in a food processor.
5. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
If you aren’t following any kind of cleanse then make it pretty and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a drizzle of basil oil or creme fraiche!